1995 International Utilimaster Step Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Those of you who know my history of finding good deals will also realize that it can be a curse at at times.

I bought my 1989 Dodge High Top for a song and began the conversion (see previous threads) then I found my 1990 Grumman Olson step van with the Cummins 4BT for cheap and sidetracked the Dodge build.

Now that I'm done with the mechanical prep on the Grumman Olson I came across a 1995 International Utilimaster step van with the 7.3 diesel motor, A/C, auto trans, 45,000 original miles, perfect body, 19.5 inch wheels, rear barn doors, and the big bonus... a Lincoln diesel powered welder with 103 hours on it mounted inside the step van. The diesel welder can be sold for $3,000.00 once out of the van. I can get the van, based upon previous sales of similar units, for $3,000.00 to $6,000.00 depending on how the bidding goes.

The problem is, I have NO room for more vehicles. If anyone needs a great deal, pm me for further info.

Well, I was spared the acquisition of another vehicle. One of the auction employees was the one who told me that this step van would probably go between $3K and $6K based on previous sales of similar units.

The sale price was a whopping $9K and it was purchased by some Mexicans to make a Food Truck.

66788 said:
Well, I was spared the acquisition of another vehicle. One of the auction employees was the one who told me that this step van would probably go between $3K and $6K based on previous sales of similar units.

The sale price was a whopping $9K and it was purchased by some Mexicans to make a Food Truck.

Food trucks seem to be a real growth industry right now. Lots of culinary grads and would be entrepreneurs trying to open their own business for a LOT less money than a restaurant would cost.

This is going to make Step Vans less and less affordable for the rest of us.

Regards
John

Industrious. Some mexicans,food truck? sounds familiar. International "Navistar" great motor