• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

10 RV slots on 1.7 acres, 90 miles east of Amarillo

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx2sturgis

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is one hell of a pivot across the street. I actual like the looks of it. highdesertranger

Calling all Texans and wannabes.

Water? I hate it when there is a building falling down  AND no water. Too bad about the bankruptcy, I suppose there will be more of those as we get farther into the economic shutdown. 
Sue

Sometimes things work out on these deals...I am living proof of that...the place I live now, I bought at Assiter Auction...pretty cheap.

Yes it needed and still needs work...but I'm getting there. 

I realize this listing is not what we call 'desirable'...but you never know...someone might get it for a few thousand dollars over the opening bid...or less maybe...part of the fun is seeing how much it sells for. 

Then they could park their van or RV there for a few months out of the year...winters in the Texas Panhandle are cold and snowy, but spring and fall are decent. Summers are HOT.

Maybe a tiny home or small mobile home, along with a couple of RV slots would work out for someone....at any rate, I'll be watching.

I want to point out that I've been to a few of these auctions, and the opening bid is not the same thing as a minimum bid.

If the auctioneer is not getting any bidders at the opening level, he (or she) will start reducing the opening bid...I've seen the auctioneer work downwards to $100 for an old commercial building that also had 'issues'...

It is possible that this one might go for less than the 'opening bid'...you never know...

Be aware that there is a minimum of $2500 premium for the auction house or 10% of selling price, whichever is higher.

Yep there are always a few 'gotchas'....so buyer beware....and read all disclosures and disclaimers, including the documents that pertain to the property.

Probably the guy with cows next door.

I just can't imagine all the demolition work.

If you bought the car wash you could have covered parking for everyone and their brother.
~crofter

I often look at the cheap land offerings on eBay. Tons of cheap land out west, if you're okay without utilities. Nothing in the east. I want a spot in WV mountains where use is unrestricted.

I would be very careful with buying land on EBay. there are well documented cases of people selling Gold Claims, that they have no right to sell. buyer beware. Caveat Emptor. highdesertranger

Everyone has his or her own comfort level on ebay....me personally, I would not buy anything over $500...I figure, anything under that is fair game cause it wont cripple my finances to lose that much or less. (Not that I'm looking to throw money away)

The only way I would buy a vehicle or land or anything of worth on ebay is PROVING to myself it is not a scam, such as visiting the place, talking to the seller, or visiting a dealership in person where a car is being sold on ebay...etc etc..

Yeah....buyer beware.

nice area for dark skies as well. i've bought and sold many things from Ebay including selling my old Vanagon...picked the guy up at the Houston, Tx airport he looked it over briefly gave me cash and dropped me off at my crib. never heard anything from him si i guess he made it home ;)

Okay, just had to speak up....

You couldn’t pay me to live in Texas says the Colorado Kid. ;)

I melt as soon as it reaches 90.